APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN.
Acceptance into the program is based on a subjective assessment of the information each applicant provides in this application. It is critically important to diligently answer the entire application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Because there are typically more applicants than can be accommodated in each class, applicants who are not accepted are encouraged to reapply.
- Applicants must live or work in the Montgomery County area.
- Evidence of professional leadership and commitment in your respective craft/business career
- Evidence that applicant is seeking long-term involvement in Montgomery County with the intent to serve on boards, commissions or any volunteer leadership roles.
- Applicants must be willing to commit to the time involved to fully participate in the program.
- If multiple applicants per company apply, not more than 1 of those applicants will be chosen for the class. We strongly encourage companies to select only one employee to apply.
- Applicants accepted into the program are expected to fully participate in all sessions as well as the Retreat.
- Retreat is MANDATORY.
- Class members may not miss more than 14 hours of class sessions throughout the year to graduate. A class session counts as 9 hours.
- Class members missing more than 23 hours will be dropped from the program entirely.
- Applicants AND their employer must read and agree to the Statement of Commitment found below. A full copy of the Attendance Policy can be found here: LMC Attendance Policy
- Please review the schedule and be sure you can attend the Retreat as well as each session before submitting your application.
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
You must upload letters of recommendation from 2 persons in this community who can speak of your leadership potential. Only one reference letter may be from your employer. *Your application will not be considered complete without these two letters. Please note that current LMC board members cannot write letters of recommendation on behalf of applicants.
CLASS OF 2024 SCHEDULE
All session days are 8 am–5 pm. Retreat is an overnight retreat beginning at 8 am on September 28 and continuing through 4 pm on September 29.
LMC Welcome Reception
September 28-29, 2023
October 12, 2023
November 2. 2023
December 7, 2023
January 11, 2024
February 1, 2024
March 7, 2024
April 4, 2024
May 2, 2024
TBD May 2024
To Be Completed by April
Class project time is decided by each class and each participant. This is LMC’s leadership laboratory, and our participants find that the benefit that they receive from it is usually directly related to the effort that they put in. Some class project participation is mandatory for the participant to graduate. Over the LMC year, average project-hours per class member: 40.
On our class days, we occasionally have tours and meet at a variety of facilities. If a person is accepted to the class and has need for particular reasonable accommodations for participation, please let the LMC Executive Director know.